Property records in montgomery county ohio

Try our FREE income tax calculator. Montgomery County Auditor. Contact Info: Phone. Get driving directions to this office. Montgomery County Assessor's Office Services The Montgomery County Tax Assessor is the local official who is responsible for assessing the taxable value of all properties within Montgomery County, and may establish the amount of tax due on that property based on the fair market value appraisal. The Montgomery County assessor's office can help you with many of your property tax related issues, including: Property Tax Appraisals The Montgomery County Tax Assessor will appraise the taxable value of each property in his jurisdiction on a yearly basis, based on the features of the property and the fair market value of comparable properties in the same neighbourhood.

The assessor's office can provide you with a copy of your property's most recent appraisal on request. Property Renovations and Re-Appraisals If you renovate your property such as by adding living space, bedrooms, or bathrooms , the Montgomery County Assessor will re-appraise your home to reflect the value of your new additions.

Renovations may be reported to the Assessor's Office by the zoning board, contractors, or by the homeowner themselves. Unreported renovations will generally be discovered by the Assessor during the next on-site appraisal of the property. The Assessor may also re-appraise a property in the event of significant damage Paying Your Property Tax The Montgomery County Tax Assessor can provide you with a copy of your property tax assessment, show you your property tax bill, help you pay your property taxes, or arrange a payment plan.

Payments may be made to the county tax collector or treasurer instead of the assessor. Homestead Exemptions The Montgomery County Tax Assessor can provide you with an application form for the Montgomery County homestead exemption, which can provide a modest property tax break for properties which are used as the primary residence of their owners. Additional exemptions might be available for farmland, green space, veterans, or others. Call the Assessor's Office and ask for details.

Property Tax Appeals If you believe your house is unfairly over-assessed, the Montgomery County Tax Assessor can provide you with a tax appeal form and inform you of the tax appeal process. If your appeal is accepted, your property valuation and property taxes will be adjusted accordingly. How can I contact Montgomery County? Commercial permit applications must include two or three copies of Ohio Certified drawings and specifications describing the work for which the permit is sought, and how it will meet applicable code requirements, along with a completed application form.

Submittal requirements for various types of permits are described in more detail on the back of the Commercial Permit Application Form, Part A. When a third set is required, it is sent to the local fire department for review and comment. Most Commercial Permits are processed within seven to ten working days after receiving sufficient information to do a plan review.

Turn around for some partial permits is three to five working days. Most Residential Permits are processed within three to five working days after receiving enough information to do a plan review.

Matthew W. Gearhardt

Time spent waiting for such responses is not counted against turn around goals. A variety of Partial Permits are available to expedite construction. Shell Permits are processed in the same time frame as complete construction permits, but allow expedited construction since work can proceed before all interior detailing is completed. These permits are separate, standalone permits.

Again, see the back of the application forms for submittal information. Each finished building, tenant space, or dwelling unit requires a Certificate of Occupancy.

Montgomery County Recorder Information Ohio -

Multiple C. For multi-family dwellings, a single application listing all addresses can be submitted, and you will have to pay for multiple C. For other multi-tenant buildings, a separate application form will have to be submitted for each tenant. Shell Only spaces may be combined with applications for adjoining finished spaces. Multiple buildings being constructed on a site can be submitted with one set of drawings, but a separate application must be submitted for each building, and you will have to ensure that the approved permit set is at each building site at the time you schedule inspections for that building.

Applications for sub-permits such as electric or gas piping may be grouped similar to the primary building permits discussed above. Additional inspections may need to be paid for, however. See applicable parts of the fee schedule for more details. Zoning permits must be obtained for all new work and most changes of use of buildings.

They are obtained from the township, city, or village in which the building is located. They should be obtained before applying for the building permit, but in specific instances, exceptions may be made. See the back of the Commercial Permit Application for a list of agencies and phone numbers that you might need permits from. There may be notes about submittals that still need to be made, or cautions about our expectations for work not fully described on the drawings. If you have questions about such remarks, it is best to raise them at the beginning of the job, not when the inspector turns you down.

While the actual truss shop drawings are often submitted for review after the primary building permit has been issued, they must still be legible, complete, and sealed by an architect or engineer. A detailed statement of submittal requirements is issued with each permit using trusses. Incomplete submittals clog up our system and slow you down, especially when you submit them very close to the time you are expecting a rough framing inspection which includes inspecting the truss installation.

Both Commercial and Residential work must have rough inspections of construction progress before work is covered up, and final inspections after work is complete. Typically all sub trade inspections such as electrical and mechanical must be approved before the main permit general construction inspection will be done. Approved plans must be on the jobsite for each inspection.

Public Parking and Transportation

Note: Footings, Slabs, and Gas or Electric Trenches must be inspected before concrete is poured or backfill material is placed. For New Construction or Alterations, we typically require that building and sub-trade rough inspections be approved and Fault Current Analysis must be submitted before the electric service is permitted to be energized. Exceptions are possible. Electric reconnects will be authorized after a Service Reconnect Permit is obtained and an electric safety inspection is done to ensure no electrical hazards are present.

Gas piping must have all underground and rough piping inspections approved, then the Building Regulations Division will authorize it to be energized. Gas reconnects will be authorized after a Service Reconnect Permit is obtained and a gas piping inspection is done to ensure that no hazards are present. Certificates of Occupancy C. In the event no new work is proposed, just a request to occupy an existing space, the Building Regulations Division conducts one final inspection after the fire department conducts a final inspection.

Temporary Certificates of Occupancy T. All spaces to be occupied must have been inspected per normal procedures, and must be deemed safe to occupy. In other words, all matters relating to life safety, such as exit signs, door hardware, alarm and suppression systems, must be installed and functioning properly. Also, our policy is that all permits must have been obtained or at least applied for before a T.

Refer to the Temporary Certificate of Occupancy Policy for more detailed information. Plan re-review fees are assessed for incomplete or incorrect submittals. If submittals lack basic levels of adequacy, such as not being drawn to scale, or not having rooms labeled as to the proposed use, a re-review fee may be assessed immediately, before any plan review is conducted.

Typically, however, this fee will only be assessed after a plan review has been done, a correction letter has been sent out, and the resubmittal has been reviewed and found to still be deficient or incorrect regarding the need to show a code complying solution. When assessed, fees must be paid at the time of any subsequent resubmittal. Reinspection fees are assessed after an inspection is done once, turned down, and then any of the same items are found to be lacking or improperly installed on the follow-up inspection.


In other words, you get one free inspection per phase of work, but subsequent re-inspections must be paid for. Lockout, not ready, no address, no approved drawings on site. In In these situations we will assess a reinspection fee immediately. Lockout means we could not gain access to the work through a normal route, or if the building had personal belongings in it but no adult was there to escort us on our inspection.

Not ready means that it was obvious during the course of our inspection that the work had not been completed sufficiently for us to inspect all that we were requested to. No address means we could not observe a posted address, visible from the street when we arrived to do an inspection. Approved drawings need to be on site to conduct a proper inspections. Missed inspection fees will be assessed when work is covered up without inspection, and we then have to spend time deliberating and discussing acceptable measures to verify construction adequacy of concealed work.

Unsafe Jobsite if access to the work is not possible due to unsafe conditions such as inadequate ladders or lack of backfill combined with inadequate walkway planks, inspection may be postponed and fees assessed. The Chief Building Official may waive penalty fees if legitimate misunderstandings occurred, or if our office gave out incorrect information or acted incorrectly. Penalty fees must be paid before we continue with further plan reviews or inspections, and may be paid in person, by mail, or electronically by credit card. All decisions, interpretations, and orders of the Building Regulations Division are appealable.

Upon receiving a written request for an appeal or variance of one of the codes the Building Regulations Division enforces, a written Adjudication Order a written order to comply with a law will be prepared. It will detail the code issues involved and will indicate to whom and how you file an appeal.

Montgomery County administers a residential appeals board, and the City of Dayton administers the commercial appeals board. Information submitted for permit approval becomes a public record, and is available for public inspection and research. Contact our office for more details on our records research policy.

Montgomery County, Ohio

Construction within areas identified by FEMA as having a flood hazard potential must obtain a Floodplain Construction Permit, and may have special construction limitations or requirements. Copies of the regulations and applications are available from our office and on our website. It has been created in order to protect public health and welfare within noise-sensitive surface and airport hazard areas, and to ensure compatible uses and protect against incompatible encroachment.

Copies of theregulations are available from our office and on our website. To determine what type of child day care license is required by the ODJFS, contact them at , or check their website at www.

  1. listen to free music on cell phone?
  2. "", ""?
  3. broward county clerk of the court public records.
  4. Property Search.
  5. Services.

As part of their licensing requirements, they require proof of a Certificate of Occupancy from the building department before they will issue their license. In order for us to issue a C. Applying for a permit will require that you describe your proposed use and any proposed construction or alterations in accordance with the OBC. The age and number of residents children or adults being cared for are primary determining factors in deciding the appropriate Use Group, as seen in the following chart:. Once you determine which Use Group your proposed use will be classified as, your application must show how the facility you intend to construct or occupy will meet OBC requirements for that use group.